Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

So it is New Year's Eve. I have no plans other than watching movies, probably a "Lord of the Rings" marathon, and knitting. I don't like to go out on this night because of all the drunks out there; I don't want to be a statistic. So, we will stay home and watch movies.


I decided to list what I made this year. Most of it went to the reservation and the others went to Grandmas who were expecting a new grandchild. Anyway, here is my list.

round crocheted ripple baby blanket - 2
crocheted afghans - 3
children's hats - 7
children's mittens - 5 pairs
quilted child's blankets - 3
baby sweater - 1
baby booties - 6 pairs
dishcloth baby blanket - 1
knitted baby blanket - 2
infant mittens - 3 pairs
infant hats - 5
toddler mittens - 2 pairs
child's slippers - 3
knitted dish cloths - 7
crocheted dish cloth - 1

I know there is more but I forgot to write it down, but this is pretty close. I hope to do better in 2008 than I did in 2007. Especially for the reservation, they need sooooo much more.

Now here is my New Year's Resolutions, well most of them anyway, some are too personal to post on the net.


Lose Weight - I don't care how much so long as I lose some. This is a "have to" one because of the high blood pressure and diabetes. I will use the DASH diet and walk during my breaks at work. I even bought a pouch which hangs from the belt loops of my pants so I can knit while I am walking. The yarn is in the pouch and the knitting is in my hands. I figure I will walk farther if I am knitting.


Keep House Clean - This is another "have to" because I am much happier when the house is cleaner. I feel better physically and mentally, so I need to keep up with it. I cleaned it pretty good while I have been on this break from work, now I need to come up with a plan to keep it that way after I go back to work.


Finish all my UFOs - I am making myself a promise to finish one UFO before I start a new one. There are several here and I really want to get them out of my house. So, before I can start a new project I have to finish an old one. This will be a hard one to do because there is always one more I want to start.


Don't buy any more books, use the library - This is a hard one because I love buying books almost as much as I love buying yarn.


And now for the hardest one of all:

DO NOT BUY ANYMORE YARN UNTIL YOU USE WHAT YOU HAVE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The exception will be wool yarn for hats for a4A because I do not have much wool, most of it is acrylic. The other exception is if I need to buy yarn for a special project, but I am going to try to stop doing so much of that and concentrate on making stuff for the reservation.


Well, that is it. I am hoping that because I have written it down and sent it out to cyber space I will be able to keep most of them. Periodically, I will be posting here about them, just to keep myself honest.

I am wishing everyone a wonderful New Year! Take care and be nice to each other.

No comments: