Monday, February 18, 2008

A finish and a first

I have been busy today finishing up a couple of things. I only have about a week and the Heet the Feet challenge is over so I want to do as much as I can before then. I still have a couple of pair of booties I want to do and then I think that will be all for this year. So here are some pictures of some FOs:


I finished the other sock and it came out pretty good. The first one is a little bigger than the second one, but I do that with mittens, too. The next pair I make I will write down how many rows I do instead of trying to match inches. I hope they keep someone's feet warm this winter.



This is a rolled brim hat I made using RH and size US6 circular needles. I cast on 74 stitches and knit for 8 1/2 inches then knit two together for three rows. Gather the last few stitches and you are done. Very simple and a great project to take anywhere. I almost always have a little hat on the needles to take to work with me.





Here is some Lion Brand's Fishermen's Wool. I wound it into a skein then dyed it with Kool Aid.





Here it is in the crock pot "cooking"




And the finished product. I turned out to be a deep redish pink. I like it and can't wait to knit with it.




This was the first time I have ever dyed yarn and I found it to be very easy to do. I followed the directions on this blog: Carol's Lunatic Cafe. She has it all worked out step by step and made it very understandable, even for someone who has never done this before. I plan on using the yarn to make hats and booties for a4A. I will diffently be doing this again.

I am sorry about how the pictures look. I think I need a new camera and it will have to wait for a few months. So please bare with me.

That's all for now. Take care and be nice to each other.


























2 comments:

Darcys Knotty Knitter said...

How neat:)Hugs Darcy

Forgetmeknotgardens said...

Your knitting looks great. Glad you are using your stash this year,that is exactly what I am trying to do. I am trying to cut costs and make more room in my home. I also have a blog - check it out when you have time.
http://forgetmeknotsgarden.blogspot.com/