Sunday, July 29, 2007

This 'n That

This is the second time I have tried to post this, so hope it works this time.

I have been pretty busy, working, PITC, knitting and life. But, for a week at least I am on vacation from work. I have been looking forward to this for a very long time and I intend to enjoy every minute of it.

My grandchildren will be staying with us for a few days. That is if they don't drive me crazy and I send them home. I put them to work this morning, cleaning out the garage so we could organize the stuff for the pick up on Tuesday by Sallys. I also had them crushing cans for recycling. Poor things, they acted as though I were making them do the most awful thing imaginable. On Wednesday we are taking them to Santa Cruz, so that should get rid of some of the trauma. I mean what kid doesn't like death defying rides on the boardwalk and a whole ocean to play in?

I am hoping to finish the school bags I want to make and send to the reservation. I have them all cut from unbleached muslin and want to tye dye them before I sew them. I have 40 cut, so hope to get them done in the next week or two. I also have a bunch of school supplies to send up to them and I will get the first box sent off on Tuesday. Wish it were more, but it is the best I can do for now.

I have been knitting a lot lately. Besides the baby blanket I finished, I also made a pair of mittens and a hat which will be sent to the rez. Along with the other items I am making my first Baby Surprise Jacket to send along to the rez. Well, I can't say it is my first one. I started one before but couldn't finish it because I couldn't understant the directions. So, what is the difference this time, you might ask? I bought the DVD "Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Surprise Jacket with Meg Swansen". What a wonderful video this is. Meg goes over the making of the Jacket step by step. She makes one as she is explaining everything, so you can see exactly what to do. I am almost finished with the knitting, and still want to put a collar on it and an I-cord around it. I also want to make the matching hat which Meg shows how to make. I highly recommend this DVD. I will post pictures when I am done.

Almost time to get dinner for this crew, then we are going to the Marina to walk. Hope everyone has a great evening.

No comments: